Love Yourself 'Answer'

This album compiles Love Yourself 'Her' and 'Tear' and closes out the album series with several new songs and the message that most important aspect of love is loving yourself.
  1. Introduction (起)
  2. Developing action (承) – Love Yourself 'Her' album – about falling in love
  3. Conflict (轉) – Love Yourself 'Tear' album – about getting hurt
  4. Resolution (結) – Love Yourself 'Answer' album – about focusing on loving yourself

Song summaries for Love Yourself 'Her'  Serendipity, DNA, Best of Me, dimple, Pied Piper, MIC DROP, Go go, Her, Sea


Song Meaning – Summaries

Euphoria
When you're with me, I'm in euphoria. Please don't ever leave me.

Trivia 起: Just Dance*
I like being with you, so let's just dance together.

Trivia 承: Love*
What is love? Loving you gives meaning to living.

Trivia 轉: Seesaw*
Our relationship is imbalanced like a dysfunctional seesaw, but neither one of us is taking the step to end it.

Epiphany
Though I'm imperfect, I should love myself.

I'm Fine
Even when there are hardships and even when we're not in a relationship anymore, I have it in me to be just fine.

Idol
(To those who try to put us down) I know that we're awesome, so I don't care what you say.

Answer: Love Myself
I'm hard on myself, but I'm learning to love myself.


*More about Trivia
The three Trivia songs follow the same narrative arc that the album series is structured by:
  1. Introduction  Trivia 起: Just Dance
  2. Developing action  Trivia 承: Love
  3. Conflict  Trivia 轉: Seesaw
  4. Resolution  Though not indicated by Chinese characters, I think Answer: Love Myself is the final song in this arc



Album release date: August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment