Love Yourself 'Her'

The Love Yourself series is structured like a classic story arc (起承轉結), corresponding to the Hanja characters in the album titles. The overall narrative discusses loving someone, getting hurt, and ultimately realizing that the most important kind of love is self-love. Each album represents a different phase of the arc:
  1. Introduction (起)
  2. Developing action (承) – Love Yourself 'Her' album – about falling in love
  3. Conflict (轉) – Love Yourself 'Tear' album – about getting hurt
  4. Resolution (結) – Love Yourself 'Answer' album – about realizing the key to love

Song Meaning – Summaries

Intro: Serendipity
Our love was destined to be.

DNA
Our love is as destined as DNA.

Best of Me
Love me forever. I give you the best of me.

dimple
Your dimples are so cute, it should be illegal.

Pied Piper
(This song is about BTS saying you can't help but to follow us.)

MIC DROP
You looked down on us, but we're more successful than ever now. Don't even bother apologizing.

Go go
I'm just going to have fun and squander my money (out of frustration at the broken system that crushes me in debt and impossible workload).

Outro: Her
I'll put a mask on to be who you want, never showing you my hidden self. Your love fulfills me.

Sea (Hidden track)
Hope is fueled by difficulties. Our success is built from our struggle and pain. We must keep pushing so we don't lose this success. (The sea is a metaphor for being able to successfully fulfill their dreams.)



Album release date: September 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment