Map of the Soul: Persona

This is the first album in the Map of the Soul series, which is based on Carl Jung's theory that the mind is made up of separate but interacting components:
  1. Persona (the outward face we present to the world) – Map of the Soul: Persona album
  2. Shadow (the side we suppress or are not aware of) – Map of the Soul: 7 album
  3. Ego (the thoughts and feelings we are aware of) – Map of the Soul: 7 album
It's interesting to notice that since the theme is very personal, most of the songs are about BTS's journey or about ARMY, rather than more general songs about love.


Song Meaning – Summaries

Intro: Persona
(RM ponders) Who am I? People see my facade and praise me, but part of me wonders whether I'm worthy. After some reflection, I realize that both the facade and the self-doubt are part of me, so I'll live as my whole self.

Boy with Luv
(A love letter to ARMY) Even the small details about you are special to me and I want to know all about them. Though we've gotten more successful, we got here because of ARMY and we'll keep our focus on you going forward. (Includes several references to past songs, which in my opinion reinforces the message that "we will not forget who we are".)

Mikrokosmos
Each of you are individual universes, bright and unique. Together, we make up a larger universe and light up the world.

Make It Right
Amidst my journey to find myself and become successful, I recognized that you're the one that makes any of this special. I'll make it right between us.

HOME
Even though this is what I dreamed of, this level of success feels uncomfortable, as if I'm unfulfilled or don't belong. ARMY is our home, where I feel truly comfortable.

Jamais Vu
I'm tensing up from noticing my mistakes, and (doing performances) that were once familiar now scare me. Please help me overcome this. But I won't stop trying.

Dionysus
We get drunk on art all night long. As artists, we experience the pain in creating music and the thrill in performing. 



Album release date: April 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment