The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 2

This second album in the series conveys the more "adventurous and daring" side of youthhood, as described in the BTS press conference.


Song Meaning – Summaries

Intro: Never Mind
Despite people trying to shame me from following my dream, I went my own way and succeeded. When you encounter hardships, just keep going.

Run
I can't stop running after you to reach you, even as you turn away.

Butterfly
I'm afraid you'll fly away at any moment and disappear, like a butterfly. Please stay by me.

Whalien 52
I'm lonely like the 52-hertz whale (whose echolocation is on a different frequency than all other whales).

Ma City
(BTS members talk about their hometowns and what it means to them) My hometown holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of who I am (RM), it's where I first developed my dreams (J-Hope), and I want to be its pride (SUGA).

Silver Spoon
The playing field is not level between those with privilege and those without. This generation is suffering due to the high cost of living, so it's not right for the older generation who had better conditions to tell us to just "try harder". (The metaphor of crow-tit is used to represent those without privilege, based on a Korean proverb.)

Autumn Leaves
Like the last drying leaf on a tree, our relationships is ending. But I'm still holding on.

Outro: House of Cards
Our relationship is like a house of cards. It'll collapse eventually, but let's hold on for a little longer.



Album release date: November 2015
Watched a few explanation videos on Youtube to help with some interpretations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment